The online services of UK SMART Recovery includes a social networking platform, a training site and chat system. The use of these services is covered by the Website Terms and Conditions, of which these community rules form a part.
Registration on the Website is free, though we do insist that you abide by our rules and policies. You must only complete the registration process and login to the site if you agree to these terms.
Please choose carefully the information you post on the Website and that you provide to other participants. UKSR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability. UKSR expressly reserves the right to remove your profile and/or restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to any part of the Website if UKSR determines, in its sole discretion, that you pose a threat to UKSR and/or its participants.
1. By using the online Community, you represent and warrant that
- all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate;
- you will maintain the accuracy of such information; and
- your use of the Website does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
2. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use or are registered with the online Community. You may terminate your registration at any time and for any reason. UKSR may terminate your registration at any time, without warning. Even after registration is terminated or accounts removed, this Agreement will remain in effect.
3. When you register, you will be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another participant at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify UKSR immediately if you suspect any unauthorised use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
4. A valid email address is required to register on the online Community. Multiple accounts are not permitted without prior approval of UKSR. Any participant found to have more than one account will be placed on moderation. Moderated participants found creating additional accounts will be banned from further participation with the Website.
5. The Website is for the personal use of its participants only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by UKSR. Illegal and/or unauthorised use of the Website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of participants by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorised framing of or linking to the Website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed without notice and may result in termination of registration. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorised use of the Website.
6. You represent and warrant that the posting of your Content on or through the Website does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through the Website.
7. Except for Content posted by you, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the Community without the explicit permission of UKSR or the author of the content if this is another participant. The permission of UKSR may in some cases be provided in the form of a note on particular documents or web pages.
8. UKSR may delete any Content that in the sole judgement of UKSR violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights of, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. UKSR assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Website for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time UKSR chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Website, UKSR nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the participant submitting any such Content.
9. You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through the Website, and any material or information that you transmit to other participants and for your interactions with other participants. UKSR does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by UKSR prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of UKSR. UKSR makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other participants.
10. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Website. UKSR reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in UKSR’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Website, terminating your registration and reporting you to enforcement authorities . Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of UKSR:
- is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- is ethnically objectionable;
- involves political content of any nature
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses;
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, “spimming,” or “spamming”;
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other participants;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales (including links to for-profit websites) without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- contains material denouncing SMART Recovery, UKSR, the Board of Directors of SMART Recovery USA or UKSR, the staff of SMART Recovery or UKSR, or the Moderators or Administrator of UKSR websites
- contains a link to an image that is not hosted by a reputable image service such as photobucket, ImageShack or Flickr – (“hotlinking” is not allowed);
- involves the posting of any private topics or private e-mails without the original writer’s consent;
- includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person’s consent; or
- uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or deceptive Content.
- criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other participants.
11. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Website in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any participant without their prior explicit consent. Such activities may be illegal and you may face criminal or civil proceedings.
- any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Website or the networks or services connected to UKSR;
- attempting to impersonate another participant or person
- using the account, username, or password of another participant at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- using any information obtained from the Website in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
- accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through the Website on behalf of that person; or
- using the Website in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
12. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Website participants. UKSR reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other participants.